Monday, October 22, 2007

Quintessential Fall



Having a six-year-old is just tops. Campers does all the grunt work like pushing that silly merry-go-round while I stand back and read approximately two words in a magazine. Hey, two words is better than no words, I say. I take whatever freedom I can get.

Today was a "bee-yoo-tiful" (as Ziggy says) day, the best one we've had yet in our City Life so far. 70s and sunny, not a drop of rain in sight. So the kids and I walked a couple of blocks and had "recess" at the park. It's always good to start the day with recess, I say. You have to eeeaasseeee into that school work.

And speaking of our walk TO the park, one of our neighbors down the street stopped what she was doing and headed right toward us to introduce herself and chat for a while. That too is the norm for our city. Friendly, earthy kind of people. I'm enjoying that, recluse that I am.

And once again, aren't those trees just lover-ly?