No words fully convey Ziggy on roller skates. "Rag Doll" is a good start. "Octopus" might be another.
(If you've remember that scene in "While You Were Sleeping" where Sandra Bullock is slipping all over the ice, THAT comes close to Zig on Skates.)
So here we are, at the home school play time at the local community center. During part of the time, the kids can skate on the rink. Well, neither of the boys have done such a feat, mostly because it always sounds like a lot of work and not a lot of fun for Pa and me. But TODAY, I must have taken my Crazy Pills, because I said "Hey, you boys wanna skate??"
Mmm-hmmmm. One mama. Two boys on roller skates. YOU calculate the potential emergency room bill.
Ziggy was the first to say "yes" to trying it out. As we swam, er skated one round, he kept hollering "I can't skate!! I'm no good at skating! I HATE skating! I wanna be done with skating!!"
All the while I was giggling like a school girl, because you haven't seen "funny" until you've seen Goof On Skates. I never knew the kid had so many legs.
So once I sat him down to be done with the whole skating routine, he said "I want to play skate some more!" Of course.
Here he is, just getting his skates on:
And here is the crazy mama in a rare, sane moment (and NO, I didn't push that other boy down, and YES, that is Sister Susie off to the side there, feeding her Boredom Addiction):
And now having a good laugh, with Poor Ziggy consistently holding on for dear life:
And then a less stressful skating moment for us all, practicing on the carpet:


