Well surely you have to first admire my feeble attempt at fall decor. You must suppose that the clothes and papers are all neatly tucked away since I have time for decorating, but then again you'd be wrong. There just isn't anything exciting about filing credit card receipts and bank statements and the other 18 million sheets of paper we've accumulated while selling a car and moving across the continent into a whole new world.
But I digress.
Here is the view from my kitchen window, because as y'all know, this is the only window I have time to glance out of. I stand here 15 hours a day, listening to some tunes on the radio, scrubbing and washing and rinsing those stinkin' dishes which keep multiplying when I'm not even looking.
We haven't met the neighbors whose house you see out my window. I believe the gal who lives there is a single mom, a teacher, who has adopted three boys (domestically), whose ages range somewhere in the 4-7ish category. At least that's what the other neighbors tell me.
And speaking of neighbors, we have already met four sets of them--in less than a week. That is more than we met the entire time we lived in the Midwest. That must be shocking news for those of you who know the True Ma and Pa. But when you stick your arm out the door to get the mail, and end up smacking your neighbor doing the same thing at her place, well, you know you're in the city. Why we don't just all live in one big house I'll never know. We might as well!
But I digress.
Here is the view from my kitchen window, because as y'all know, this is the only window I have time to glance out of. I stand here 15 hours a day, listening to some tunes on the radio, scrubbing and washing and rinsing those stinkin' dishes which keep multiplying when I'm not even looking.
We haven't met the neighbors whose house you see out my window. I believe the gal who lives there is a single mom, a teacher, who has adopted three boys (domestically), whose ages range somewhere in the 4-7ish category. At least that's what the other neighbors tell me.
And speaking of neighbors, we have already met four sets of them--in less than a week. That is more than we met the entire time we lived in the Midwest. That must be shocking news for those of you who know the True Ma and Pa. But when you stick your arm out the door to get the mail, and end up smacking your neighbor doing the same thing at her place, well, you know you're in the city. Why we don't just all live in one big house I'll never know. We might as well!
