My kids collected non-perishables for the homeless today.
Yeah, so what did YOU do??!!
[I do hope y'all haven't forgotten that my snarkiness runs deep.]
Anyway, our church is doing a Thanksgiving Celebration where folks bring in a bag or ten of food items for the hungry in our city. Which includes us, of course, and the boys were quick to ask if they were getting a nutritious can of spaghetti-n-meatballs just like the homeless people would.
"Why of course, my darlings, and I hope you enjoy your high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors and flavorings, refined white flour, and bouncy meat."
If you thought maybe I was a fun mom, think again.
And what is really fun is when my tots head off to other kids' houses and pronounce judgment on their food.
Yes, we are grateful and considerate people, that we are.
So as you can see, the kids were super-excited about canned goods and boxes.
Yeah, so what did YOU do??!!
[I do hope y'all haven't forgotten that my snarkiness runs deep.]
Anyway, our church is doing a Thanksgiving Celebration where folks bring in a bag or ten of food items for the hungry in our city. Which includes us, of course, and the boys were quick to ask if they were getting a nutritious can of spaghetti-n-meatballs just like the homeless people would.
"Why of course, my darlings, and I hope you enjoy your high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors and flavorings, refined white flour, and bouncy meat."
If you thought maybe I was a fun mom, think again.
And what is really fun is when my tots head off to other kids' houses and pronounce judgment on their food.
Yes, we are grateful and considerate people, that we are.
So as you can see, the kids were super-excited about canned goods and boxes.
And in this shot, I think they were singing some kind of "food for the homeless" type of chant:
And don't let Zig's floating eyeball scare you; he's fine. He just has this "eye thing" going lately when I pull out the camera.

