Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Story Guy!

Our local library hosted a storyteller--Rick Huddle--who you can see standing in the background (of the first picture) between Campers and the Zig. We were glad to get out of the house on a Saturday afternoon, and I especially enjoyed leaving Pa and Sis home while they took a nap. They can both get a little unmanageable when they have to sit still and be quiet for more than two seconds anyway.

So I was trying not to be a Camera Dork, hence the blah pictures. Had Pa been around, he would have been standing on tables getting "just the right shot," but then again, he's the Master Of The Camera and Has No Pride Anyway.

I have enough Pride for the two of us, thankyouverymuch.

This camera face of Zig's is entertaining me far more than it should. I am anxious to look back in xxx months to see how long he can keep the Eye Trick going.

And I don't even know what this face is all about.

But as I was saying, we did enjoy the storyteller. He sang songs, and you know...told stories. And I even saw the kids smiling and laughing, and shock of all shocks, Campers actually left and said he had a "good time." Well write that date down!!

The highlight of the performance for me was the storyteller's "Yodeler On A Mountain So High" song, which I have not heard in a coon's age. (However long THAT is, thank you, Mom, for that wonderful phrase.) It was a real trip to slap and clap and snap and sing right along with him. Took me back to the campfire days, whenever those were. Probably when I was about Campers' age, and no doubt, I probably "looked" about as excited as he did.

They smile on the inside, I just know it.