Thursday, November 1, 2007

Voila! It's Out!

While we were at the playground today, we met a Mama and her two boys, and were all having the nicest time chatting and playing and chasing and hollering and blowing off steam.

Three of the boys went down the slide at the same time, crashing into one another (because that's fun for them), and I heard Campers holler across the playground "Mom! My tooth fell out!!"

I glanced at the mom beside me, and honestly, she had the Total Look Of Dread on her face, like "Oh no here comes a trip to the emergency room and a lawsuit--my son has just knocked out this kid's tooth."

But as I ran to the slide (well golly, I sure am getting my exercise these days!) I reassured her that all was normal and that the tooth was about to come out anyway.

Campers was all-aglow about losing his tooth, and said he "liked the taste of the blood." In all his post-Halloween gore, he delighted in chasing the other boys around being Bloody Scary Man. There was no time to find a water fountain to rinse out the blood, no sirree.

Girls do not do these things, I am certain of it.

Here's the Gag Me With A Spoon picture:



And because the tooth got bumped out by another kid's body, it was temporarily lost in the big pile of fresh wood chips. I thought for sure that this was my answer to the Tooth Fairy Ordeal and What To Do With The Tooth Now question. But the mom of the Tooth Knocker Outer quickly found the tooth, much to my amazement, and gladly let ME pick it up off the ground.

And here's the prize:

And the toothless grin, goodness sakes, will someone let me know how I got a six-year-old in my house??

I guess I need to head out and find a chicken, eh?