Friday, November 23, 2007

He's Mommy's Little Helper

My six-year-old is becoming quite the helper around the house. Here he is pictured with some bread cutouts he made for our Thanksgiving feast. Course, he has learned the Cook's Art of sampling about half of what should have ended up on the serving plate. That's my boy!

And he really wanted to help decorate the table, as well:

And completely off topic, let's get a close-up of that face! That little "dimple" you see on his right cheek is where the bruise was just a week ago, from him falling face-first onto the bottom step. I am wondering if this mark is going to stick around forever, or not? Readers, weigh in! I need you to (lie to me if necessary) tell me that All Will Be Well With My Baby's Face!

And if you didn't catch the title of this post, it is a reference to a song, an oldie for sure, sung by Cheri Keaggy, "Little Boy On His Knees."

Which I guess is an appropriate title, since that is where he landed when he took his tumble onto the step.