As many of you know, we sold our second vehicle right before we packed up the wagon and headed West. I held the sale of that car out to God as our "fleece," asking Him to sell the car before we moved, but not so soon that we'd be in a bind without it. [Hey! I'm a specifics kind of gal.]
Now, you have to realize that we don't see God as some Big Circus Clown who does Tricks at our command, but with such a major decision hanging over our heads, I didn't think that asking for a little confirmation was too over-the-top.
I gave God Three Weeks.
Mostly because I am generous and relaxed, and have worked through my control issues.
[Insert Big Sarcastic Guffaw.]
And whaddya know, our car sold, on the last day that Pa needed it for work.
I suppose our Confirmation couldn't have been any clearer than that.
So now we are down to one vehicle, which if I might say, is more freeing than you would think. No monthly payments, no title, no insurance, no fill-ups at the station (which as you remember, are an ordeal in themselves.) No worrying about where to park it and when to get the oil changed and tires rotated and how uncool we must be driving around a (gasp!) six-year-old vehicle.
That being said, we have made a few adjustments to Life With One Vehicle, and all has gone smoothly so far. Here is Pa's new mode of transportation, at least for the first half of his ride to work--The Bus:
Now, you have to realize that we don't see God as some Big Circus Clown who does Tricks at our command, but with such a major decision hanging over our heads, I didn't think that asking for a little confirmation was too over-the-top.
I gave God Three Weeks.
Mostly because I am generous and relaxed, and have worked through my control issues.
[Insert Big Sarcastic Guffaw.]
And whaddya know, our car sold, on the last day that Pa needed it for work.
I suppose our Confirmation couldn't have been any clearer than that.
So now we are down to one vehicle, which if I might say, is more freeing than you would think. No monthly payments, no title, no insurance, no fill-ups at the station (which as you remember, are an ordeal in themselves.) No worrying about where to park it and when to get the oil changed and tires rotated and how uncool we must be driving around a (gasp!) six-year-old vehicle.
That being said, we have made a few adjustments to Life With One Vehicle, and all has gone smoothly so far. Here is Pa's new mode of transportation, at least for the first half of his ride to work--The Bus:
And here is the view from the top of the street that Pa crosses as he heads down some stairs to catch the train. You might notice the rush hour traffic on the right, something that Pa gets to zip by in the MAX. Not that he is competitive, or that *I* am for that matter; no, that is not the case at all.

